Trip To Rome – Walk Around The City

After we were done with the Colosseum, we hopped back on the bus looking for more attractions and places to hop off the bus in the city of Rome!

While on the bus, we passed by the Monumento Vittorio Emanuele II… a monument to honor the first king of Italy, Victor Emanuel

Some Roman ruins on our way too

And the Vatican City… I did not hop off at this point

I have visited it before a couple of times… so we continued our journey and we wanted to head to the Spanish Steps…. or Scalinata della Trinita dei Monti 😉

Here they are from Via Condotti – the fashionable shopping street facing the Spanish Steps in Rome… and we’re still walking to Piazza di Spagna

Oh wait a minute… I see some illuminating stairs at Louis Vuitton! Very aquarium like

Oh and a chestnut vendor in late June!!! Now that’s interesting!

The Spanish Steps… can you spot me? 😛 😉 Thank you Sa3adTrips for taking this picture of me as I tend to take more pictures of food, buildings, museums, walls, you name it… but not myself LOL

And that’s the fountain facing the steps; Fontana della Baracaccia – which means the Fountain of the Old Boat… see that guy holding a plastic bottle? He just filled it with fresh water from the fountain 😉

As you can see (its a bit crowded at the fountain) but its located right in the Piazza di Spagna below the Spanish Steps

And off we go… heading to Fontana di Trevi – Trevi Fountain! But I was starving and wanted to have lunch in one of those alleyways – We made a quick stop at Osteria della Vite! Total tourist trap LOL but I enjoyed it (maybe I was the only one in the group who did have a laugh about it – plus my order was YUMMY) – I will write a post about it soon 😉

After lunch, we walked some more… towards Trevi Fountain

And here it is… and as usual, very crowded

The legend goes that if you throw a coin into the fountain, you will return to Rome! And in case you’re wondering, yes.. I threw a coin facing the crowd with the fountain in the back

So glad I was able to take a picture of the whole fountain – despite the crowd 😀

And one more before we leave the fountain 😉

Very eventful day, I must admit… but there is more to come from Rome – a couple of restaurant reviews, coming soon 😉

Stay tuned…. to be continued!

This entry was posted in TRAVELS and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Trip To Rome – Walk Around The City

1. Saud says:

Gorgeous city… does it still smell like rusty hot metal?:P

2. noon says:

*sigh*i just loved the louis vuitton stairs! and yes very bad food experience LOL bas the guy was funny!

• Ansam518 says:

ee I saw him as funny and typical – as I said its a tourist trap kinda restaurant that I didnt mind at all – to me it was part of the experience

3. giggles says:

rome is a wonderful city bas 7ar eshway i did the same thing as well threw the coin facing the crowd and the fountin behind me, beleive it or not i did come back to rome 8 months later and did it again hehe. mayendara will i come back for the third time or is it just a coincidence. :p

4. Faisal_HH says:

The whole trip to rome was about the m7ashesh waiter lool !

5. Abdullah_MR says:

Rome without a Gelato from Giolitti !!! NO GOOD ;p

6. Saad Aldousari says:

Cool pictures. I always sense the artistic touch in your reviews.
    By the way, I enjoyed that restaurant too; I didn’t expect fancy food, and as you said, it’s part of the experience!

All the luck, Ansam!

• Ansam518 says:

Thanks Saad 😀 Yeah I think you told me that… el kel kan em3assib! wal7een yegoloon shay thaani 😛 But I remember you said your pasta was good 😀

7. aalquood says:

the restaurant wasn’t that bad,, but I think most of us enjoyed the scene that the waiter did more than the food 😛

• Ansam518 says:

La wallah! Ashoofkom all al7een etgoloon wasnt that bad, we7na namshi 7a6aitaw 3alay 6ool el wagt shloon yaazlich o entay el wa7eeda elly 7abbaitay your order hahaha! Aslan you didnt even order food kentaw ma taboon 😛 Bes sa3ad gaal his food was good 😛 Hehehe