How and when to eat carbs while still burning fat!? Confused??? No worries, Drip is here to the rescue 😉 Its a new featureI will be adding to my blog by the Fabulous Duaa Hussein, founder of Drip Kuwait, and her amazing tips and finds 😉
Carbohydrates are essential macronutrients and they are the body’s main and preferred energy source. Carbs fuel and replenish the muscle and glycogen stores (stored muscle energy).
What you need is to use the right type of carbs at the right time in the right way. How???
Well…. in order to eat carbs and burn fat at the same time, you need a solid plan! A plan to stick to 😉
Tips to consider:
- Consume most of your carbs in the morning and in the after noon. Anytime starting from the time you wake up until 3 pm, especially on your active days. On non-active days, try to keep your carb consumption low.
- Consume your carbs right after your workout, specifically intense or resistance workouts. Not cardio.
- At night, don’t munch on carbs; instead replace your carb snacks with healthy fats such as seeds or nuts (unsalted and raw).
- Don’t consume all your carbs in one meal it is best to spread them out.
- Always pair your carbs with protein.
- Fruits are carbs too! So keep them strictly in the carbs consumption timings.
Types of carbs:
- Eat complex carbohydrates: sweet potatoes, whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice, etc.
- Cut out the starchy carbs from your diet.
- If you are going to consume simple carbs, save them for after your workouts.
If you have any questions, leave us a comment and will try to answer it in the best way possible 😀
For more on Drip